My little sister in Jesus, Fay Ann Swearing, nominated me the Sunshine Blogger Award a while back, but then she needed to take a break from blogging, so I waited for her return. Her blog is The Inspirational Room at fayannswearing.wordpress.com where she shares about her faith.
Mrs. Holliman of GOD’S LOVE at godscourage.wordpress.com also nominated me a few weeks ago. She also shares about her faith in her blog.
And this week alimw of forhispurpose.blog nominated me. She is my fellow Nebraskan 🙂 She also shares about her life and faith in her blog.
I want to thank Fay Ann, Mrs. Holliman, and Alim for nominating me 🙂 I will answer the 11 questions from all 3.
The Rules for Sunshine Blogger
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to him/her.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
Fay Ann’s questions for me
Questions for my nominees:
- What inspires your writing?
My faith in Jesus inspires me to write. Also my refugee and immigrant friends inspire me.
2.How would you describe yourself in one sentence?
My life is for Jesus and serving others, but I could say I am both a complex person and a simple person. If anyone wants clarification on that, let me know. 🙂
3.What are you most grateful for this moment?
I am most grateful for Jesus giving me strength as I live with chronic illness.
4. What is one thing you learned in childhood that totally changed your life?
That’s a long time ago lol. When I was in 7th grade, my best friend at school was the only African American kid at school. My grandfather was a racist. I chose my friend over my grandfather. I learned to value love over hate from that.
5. Can you tell me some of your strengths that really helped you in blogging?
I tend to have an overactive imagination which helps me try different ideas.
6.What do you think is the best strategy that worked well for you to get more traffic to your blog?
Interacting with other bloggers helps a lot. But if you comment, say something meaningful if you want to get someone’s attention. Also using other social media like facebook, twitter, and instagram brings traffic to my blog
7. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
I first started my blog in 2009 to share bible stories with friends in other countries. I hit a huge down time with my blog due to foggy brain from Celiacs Disease. I got started again in March 2018 and my blog has grown from 30 followers to over 540.
8. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
I love to write. I find inspiration in every day moments, interaction with people, memories, and my prayer time
9. What was your greatest failure and what did you learn from that?
My greatest failure. So many to choose from.
10. Tell me about your proudest achievement?
It is not my achievement. I am most proud of knowing Jesus because of who he is and what he has done for me.But that has nothing to do with anything I have done.
11. Who has impacted you most in blogging and how?
I have learned from a variety of bloggers as far as style and ideas. The ones who have impacted me most are the ones who let me know they are praying for me.
Mrs. Holliman’s questions for me
My 11 questions to my nominees:
- What is you favorite thing about life?
My favorite thing about life is knowing Jesus and sharing time with friends from other countries.
2. How do you feel about how the world is becoming?
I feel the world is getting worse which is a sign that Jesus might return soon.
3. Do you love the beach?
Yes, I love the beach.
4. Have your heart ever been broken before?
Yes, but that is a long story lol.
5. What makes you happy?
My faith in Jesus, time with friends, good food, movies, my little sister bloggers, church, being in class with my students………
6. What is your favorite movie?
Two favorites- Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit series and Star Wars.
7. If you had to choose between Hawaii and Bahamas! which one would you pick?why
Bahamas because I have fellow bloggers there that I could visit.
8. Are you an outdoor person or indoor person?why
Not so much anymore mostly because of allergies and I don’t like bugs. But I do like the park.
9. Where do you find inspiration for your blog posts?
Answered in previous questions 🙂
10.If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would you be?
Oh my gosh. No way. I would die lol.
11.What is one way you relieve stress at the end of the day?
Listen to worship music.
And here are my 11 questions for those I’ve nominated:
1) Why do you write?
I write for an audience of one hoping it blesses others. The one is Jesus. The others are anyone who reads my blog.
2) Who do you admire and why? (sorry I know I’m sneaking two questions)
I admire people who have been through a struggle and made it or are making it with the help of God.
3) What has been your best vacation?
Brazil in 2015- I went to teach English in the evenings for five weeks in a university there. I was the only American in the small city and I loved it.
4) Where would you love to visit one day?
I would love to go back to Brazil to see friend
5) Why is your best friend, your best friend?
Jesus is my best friend He died for me. He is everything to me.
6) What is your biggest concern (about anything)?
My health and finances which is like a broken record for anyone in ministry I think.
7) When did you last owe someone an apology?
This week I apologized for needing to change an appointment time.
8) What’s the best movie you’ve ever watch
LORD OF THE RINGS and STAR WARS 🙂 🙂 🙂
9) What’s your most favorite childhood memory?
My dog Taffy
10) What do you love most about yourself?
I don’t love much about myself I love knowing Jesus.
11) If you could ask Jesus a question what would it be?
Can I come to heaven now?
My nominees if they choose to participate
Natalie of renegade7x,com
Tina of godskidspeak.com
Ramblings of Nothing in Particular at sammyjadeevans93.wordpress.com
Spoonie Living Free at hannahibiersack.wordpress.com
Charli of thegoodnamesaregone.com
Vicki of wateringcanblog.com
YBP of IT”S ALL ABOUT LOVE at passcodelove.com
Kim of youcantrusthim.com
Ris Parker of risparker.com
Donne of diaryofamadtiredwoman.wordpress.com
My Questions for my nominees if they choose to participate 🙂
- If I was invited to dinner at your home, what food would you cook? by the way I have to eat gluten free 🙂
- What is your favorite place to unwind?
- What is your favorite animal and why?
- Where would you like to go on your next vacation?
- Read a book or watch a movie?
- If you could, would you like to travel in space?
- Beach or mountains and why?
- What is your favorite music?
- What is your favorite snack?
- How do you like to celebrate your birthday?
- If Jesus knocked on your door to visit, what would you think?