Here are the 30 questions…
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
I don’t have a nickname, but I get called teacher most of the time except at church. 🙂
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I don’t doodle because, well, I am bad at it. 🙂
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I usually get out of bed and listen to some worship music on youtube..
4. Do people consider you as talkative or quiet?
My students would say I am talkative, but I can tend to be quiet.
5. What makes you cry?
Hearing the stories of refugees and the horrors they have been through.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Maybe once a day in the morning.
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
That a house in my neighborhood was haunted.
9. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
Coffee shops 🙂
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
The woman who coordinates the morning class I teach does so much for the moms and their families.
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections?
Well, back in the day I used to read the sports, do the crossword puzzle and peruse the news. but I don’t read the newspaper anymore. I check out sports on ESPN.
12. Which animal scares you the most?
It depends on the situation. A tiger behind a cage in the zoo does not scare me but if I see one on the street that would scare me. 🙂
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
It depends on the situation.
14. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received?
The coordinator for my morning class sent me a message today asking me to pray for her daughter’s surgery. She told me, “I know you are a man of faith.”
15. What question are you tired of hearing?
The negativity in today’s public discourse about refugees and immigrants.
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
I kind of chuckled at this question. I mean I teach English Second Language, so I eat food from other cultures all the time. But I think the time I was served octopus leg tips for a dessert was strange.
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
I have a lot of acquaintances. I also have a few close friends I confide in.
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
My students would say my catch phrase is- Homework for the weekend is. 🙂 lol
19. What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why?
Rio do Sul Brazil because it was my best summer ever being there to teach English at a university in a small city in the mountains. I was the only American there for five weeks and loved it. 🙂
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
I would want to change my name but it would be cool to be Gandalf the White.
21. When was the last time you lied?
When I told a student thinking about my class I don’t give too much homework. But from my perspective it isn’t a lie. The student might think so haha.
22. What’s something that amazes you?
Jesus amazes me all of the time.
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
I would like to be the first person to explore a planet and discover a cure for a disease by being on that planet.
24. What is your favorite amateur activity?
Writing my blog. 🙂
25. What was your first thought when you woke up this morning?
I need more sleep. 🙂
26. What is your favorite song (at least at the moment)?
My favorite song is What a Beautiful Name
Least favorite would be a genre. I don’t like the violence glorified in some rap songs.
27. List someone you know, and describe them in 5 words.
Jesus is full of love, compassion, faithful, all powerful and yet gentle.
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be?
Jesus. I would ask when he will return. But then the answer would be the same as he gave to the apostles-“It is not for you to know but you will receive power to be my witness.” 🙂
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
I don’t think I resemble anyone.
30. What do you want me to know?
That Jesus loves you more than you know.
If they choose to participate, I would like to tag:
Herry of Herry Chic Counsels at herrychiccounsels.com
Bukola Orry of bukolaorry.com
Dawn of drawingclosertochrist.com
Elisha of Africa Boy of africaboy.home.blog
Pooja of lifesfinewhine.com