I would like to thank my little sister Gail of gaillovesgod.com
Use the image at the top of the post;
Answer the 10 questions;
And tag the people you’d like to answer the questions.
- Who was family for you growing up? Growing up in a dysfunctional family with an alcoholic father and mother with mental illness, borderline personality disorder, my concept of family was skewed.
- Who is family for you now? The Lord has not blessed me with a family of my own, but as Jesus said, whoever does the will of God the Father is my brother and sister. My friends at church are my family.
- Where did you grow up? I grew up in a middle sized city in the Midwest.
- Where do you live now? I live in the same city, but it is vastly different because we have so many people who have come here as refugees.
- What did you want to be when you were younger? First I wanted to be a doctor. When I was in my 20s I wanted to be a teacher, but was ridiculed for it by my grandparents.
- What do you do now? I teach ESL and have a part-time ministry for refugees and immigrants.
- What’s your earliest memory? I used to go down the stairs to sit in my dad’s lap late at night while he watched TV when I was 3 years old. That was before his drinking got bad.
- What’s one of your most recent memories? Experiencing the presence of Jesus in worship as we sang Holy Spirit.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? It is not my achievement. Jesus has blessed me to become tri-lingual and to reach people from many cultures.
- What is your biggest hope in this life? To know Jesus and to share his love because those are eternal.
If they want to participate, I am tagging